Wednesday, October 24, 2012

To Facebook or not to Facebook


Well I somehow I hadn’t created a Facebook account until May near the end of my junior year, which was very late since everyone and I mean everyone had one since about eighth grade. I made that account and viewed it for about a week but lost my password and never really bothered to look for it. My impression of Facebook has always been that is it not worth it, due to all the drama, scandals, fights and mistakes that I hear about a couple times a week that are posted. I see Facebook as something not so important for me to have as it mostly leads to trouble. Although on a positive side I do see Facebook as an amazing place to communicate with others and receive help when needed. From what we learned today in class I always had the sneaky suspicion that Facebook was doing those things, but finally hearing that it was real and not me being a paranoid weirdo helped. I sort of see it as Facebook being like any other big company that is going to lie and be sneaky to earn more benefits, so I can see that Facebook invasion of privacy and peoples information will continue as the company keeps expanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment